Artist ZHANG LU (張 路)
Artist name is Zhang Lu (張 路). Vietnamese name is Trương Lộ
- 1952: Born in China town of Vietnam
- Professor of Calligraphy and Chinese painting
- Member of Vietnam Fine Arts Association
- Member of Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Association
- Vice President of Chinese Fine Arts Society in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vice President of Go Chi Minh City Calligraphy Association
- 1992 Solo: Exhibition at Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Association
- 1995 -1996: Solo Exhibition in Paris and Bordeaux, France
- 2000: Vietnam-Japan art exchange exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City
- 2004: Group Exhibition in Laos, Vietnam – Laos Fine Arts Exchange Exhibition
- 2004: International Exhibition of calligraphy in USA
- 2006: Solo Exhibition in Taiwan
- 2006: Group Exhibition “Works of the Creation Group”
- 2006 – 2010: Group exhibitions in various cities of Vietnam.
- 2010: Group Exhibition “A Touch of Vietnam 2” in Singapore
- 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2010: Zhang Lu was awarded top 3 art prizes in different art competitions in Vietnam.
- 2005: Won the excellent prize at “International Competition of Poetry, Calligraphy and Seals for Chinese artists” in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Zhang Lu is considered one of the masters in Chinese brush painting in Vietnam. Unlike traditional Chinese brush painting where the artists paint from memory and inspiration, seeking to depict the subjects through their inner feelings and life’s philosophy, Zhang Lu adapts his own style to describe life in reality. He travel tremendously to capture images and ideas for his paintings.
Zhang Lu is also very talented in creating lacquer painting. He won a top 3 award in lacquer painting in 2010.Zhang Lu’s Collection