Tran Thanh Canh
Tran Thanh Canh
Born in 1983 in Vietnam
Member of Vietnam Association of Fine Arts.
Member of Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Art
Member of Executive Board, Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Arts (2015-2020)
Chairman of Young Artists Club
Thanh Canh is a very versatile artist. His artistic talents have shined through since his teenage years when he won first place for UNICEF’s Painting Competition for the Environment.
During his years pursuing a degree at Ho Chi Minh City University of Fine Arts, through his ability and professionalism, he won a series of prominent prizes, such as Outstanding painting prize at the Young Artist exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City during his freshman year; a grant from the Melbourne Art Foundation during his sophomore year with two painting series of male nudes.
In his junior year, he won two first prizes in Festival Van Lang organized by the Fine Arts and Architecture Association in collaboration with universities. Thanh Canh also won another prize at the first Ho Chi Minh City Biennale, then a Letter of Recognition in exhibition at Region VI exhibition.
Beside participation in many group exhibitions, art fairs alongside with other artists from Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines, Australia, Hong Kong and America Thanh Canh has held three solo exhibitions in Vietnam and Singapore.
With a long track record of excellent professional work, his pieces have been sought after for several collections, and his name has become a household name among collectors and curators.
He has proved himself a multi-talent artist through his success in other creative fields such as Fashion Design, which gained him multiple recognitions and awards, and his collections have been shown and sold rights to organizations and corporations such as VTV1 channel, HTV channel, Si Hoang Company, Yen Sao NutriNest Company, Hoang Gia Pearl Company, National Coffee Festival.
He has designed the Graduation Costumes of Hoa Sen University, and he was once the setting and stage designer for the Vietnam Fruit Festival, the Gala Dinner of the Miss Universe.
The artist is also an avid contributor to good cause for public and society. He used to be an excellent school leader during his university time, being recognized with many merit awards. During three continuous years he was awarded as a star at “January Star Award”, a notable prize by Vietnamese Students’ Association.
In the past two years, he has continuously been invited to be the Ambassador for the LIN Center for Community Development – Narrow the Gap Fund, ASEAN Cultural Ambassadors – One Asia Cultural Ambassador and Judge for the “Viet Art Today” competition.
Thanh Canh has inspired and passed on his enthusiasm to generations of students as a lecturer. Within six years of teaching, he has been honoured titles as Outstanding Lecturer and Special Achievement Lecturer. At the present, artist Tran Thanh Canh is Head of Ho Chi Minh City Young Artist Club.
QUALIFICATION & WORKS
- Since 2014: Art and Fashion Lecturer of Hoa Sen University
- 2011 – 2014: Painter & Lecturer of Ho Chi Minh City University of Fine Arts
- 2012: Completion of Mindset Transformation Course – ISM
- Since 2010: Guest lecturer of fine art at Universities of Architecture, Van Lang and Yersin Dalat.
- 2009 – 2010 : Designer at Si Hoang Fashion Company
- 2010 – 2013: Stage designer at Cat Binh Minh Company
- 2009 : Bachelor with Honours at Ho Chi Minh City University of Fine Arts
- 2005 : Completion of Creative Development Course in Graphic Studio DPI
- 2004 : Certificate with Honours, Mid-level Course at Ho Chi Minh City University
of Fine Arts
- 2016 : First Prize at Fine Arts Exhibition of Region VI – Vietnam Association of Fine Art
Special Achievements Lecturers granted by Hoa Sen University
Ambassador for the LIN Center for Community Development
– Narrow the Gap Fund
- 2015 : Excellent Lecturer granted by Hoa Sen University
Asia Cultural Ambassador (INGO) – Music for One Foundation – South Korea
- 2013: Prize awarded by Ho Chi Minh City Fine Art Association at Biennale III
Dogma Prize, Final round competition
- 2012: Final Competition Design Aquafina Pure Fashion
- 2011 :Dogma Prize, Final round competition
- 2009 :Prize awarded by Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Arts at Biennale I
- 2008 :Sao Thang Gieng/ January Star Award
- 2007: Recipient of sponsorship granted by the City of Melbourne for Outstanding
First Prize in landscapes drawing
First Prize in sketching at Van Lang Festival jointly organized by Association of Fine Art, Association of Architecture and 6 Universities in Ho Chi Minh City
Second Prize in drawing Che Guivera theme by Cuban Embassy
Sao Thang Gieng/ January Star Award
- 2006: Advanced Youth Award by Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
Sao Thang Gieng Award / January Star Award
Merit Certificate by Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee for voluntary works
- 2005: Award granted by Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Arts at the exhibition of young artists’ works
First Prize at Fashion Design contest organized by “Muc Tim” Magazine
- 2011: Solo exhibition “Encounters” at Bet Café – Studio in Ho Chi Minh City
- 2009: Solo exhibition “Dreams” at Van Art gallery – Ho Chi Minh City
- 2016: Group Exhibition “Spring” at Ho Chi Minh City Association
- 2016: Group Exhibition “Compassion” for charity at Ho Chi Minh City Association of
- 2015: 5-Year National Exhibition (2010-2015) in Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City
- 2015: Workshop Exhibition in Ca Mau province.
- 2015: Exhibition for commemoration of Vietnam reunification’s 40th anniversary
- 2015: Workshop Exhibition in Bac Lieu Province.
- 2015: Exhibition at Museum of Fine Arts
- 2015: Exhibition at Wine Embassy Bar –Ho Chi Minh City
- 2015: Exhibition “Compassion” for charity at Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Arts
- 2014: Exhibition “A Touch of Vietnam 8” in Singapore by Galerie K Moeller – Vietnamese Art
- 2014:Solo exhibition “Journey of Soul” at Di Legno Gallery in Singapore by Galerie K
Moeller – Vietnamese Art
- 2014: Vietnam and Laos cultural exchange exhibition in Laos
- 2014 : Exhibition at Museum of Fine Arts
- 2014: Exhibition at National Young Artist Festival
- 2013: Group Exhibition “Saigon Summer” at Blue Lotus Gallery in Singapore by Galerie K Moeller- Vietnamese Art
- 2013: Membership Exhibition of Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Arts
- 2013: Young Art Exhibition II – Ho Chi Minh City
- 2013: “Self Portraits” Exhibition, Final round
- 2013: Young Artists Exhibition at Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Arts
- 2013: Exhibition “Masterpieces from Vietnam” in Hanoi
- 2013: Contemporary Art Exhibition at ION Art Gallery in Singapore by Galerie K Moeller
- 2012: Exhibition by Young Lecturers Club at Ho Chi Minh City University of Fine Arts
- 2012: Exhibition ” Same Same ” organized by the Consulate General of Australia and Ho Chi Minh City University of Fine Arts
- 2012: Exhibition “Graphic” by Young Faculty at Ho Chi Minh City University of Fine Arts
- 2012: Exhibition “A Touch of Vietnam 5” in Singapore by Galerie K Moeller –
- 2012: General Exhibition by artists from Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam in Singapore
- 2011: Young Art Exhibition II – Ho Chi Minh City
- 2011: Self Portraits Exhibition, Final round of contest.
- 2010: 5-Year National Exhibition (2005-2010) in Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City
- 2010: Exhibition in March 2010
- 2009: Young Art Exhibition I in Ho Chi Minh City
- 2008: Exhibition of Buddhism Celebration by United Nations
- 2008: Rotating exhibits in the museum of city of Melbourne (Australia)
- 2008: 2-artist group exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City
- 2007: Exhibition at Museum of Fine Arts
- 2007: Regional Exhibition
- 2006: Art Camp Exhibition at Ho Chi Minh City Museum of Fine Arts
- 2006: 5-Year National Fine Art exhibition in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City 2006
Exhibition “Portrait and Nude” at Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Arts
- 2005: Young Artists Exhibition
- 2015: Exhibition by Painting Faculty at Ho Chi Minh City Association of Fine Arts
ART FAIR PARTICIPATION:
- 2015: Affordable Art Fair, Singapore
- 2012-2013: Asian Contemporary Art Fair, Hong Kong
- 2011-2012: Affordable Art Fair, Singapore
- 2011 – 2012: Art Expo, Malaysia